According to multiple studies, men begin losing testosterone levels at the age of 30, while women begin to experience a decrease in their 20s. Fatigue, lack of mental acuity, loss of libido, and weight gain are just some of the most common symptoms of men and women.
Like women, men experience a decline in hormone levels as they age. Symptoms of “low T” may develop in people over several years and include:
- Decreased sexual drive and performance
- Decreased muscle mass and tone
- Sleep disturbances
- Fatigue and lack of motivation
- Weight gain
- Depression, irritability and mood swings
- Loss of sense of “well-being”
- For men: erectile dysfunction (ED)
- For men: hair loss
Both men and women experience a destabilization of hormone levels as they age; however, women can experience their own symptoms from low testosterone levels:
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Migraines and menstrual headaches
- Lack of sexual desire
How Does Testosterone Replacement Therapy Work?
Renew Medispa treats men and women who suffer with testosterone deficiencies using natural testosterone replacement therapy. We use Rejuvchip, a testosterone pellet that is bio-identical and made using a botanical source. Rejuvchip is a type of natural testosterone therapy that enters the body in its natural molecular form without disrupting normal physiology, unlike synthetic hormones. Both sexes treated with Rejuvchip enjoy an array of health benefits:
- Increased energy
- Relief from depression
- Increased sense of wellbeing
- Anxiety relief
- Improved Memory and Conentration
When natural testosterone replacement therapy is delivered in a steady, slow process, it imitates the body’s inherent physiology, leading to minimal side effects and optimal results. When compared to conventional hormonal replacement, the testosterone pellets have been shown to be superior in:
- Relief of menopausal symptoms
- Maintenance of bone density
- Restoration of sleep patterns
- Improvement of sex drive
- Sexual performance
- No increased risk of blood clots
Studies suggest testosterone pellet treatments may reduce the risk of breast cancer as well. Conditions of estrogen dominance including breast cancer, uterine fibroids, obesity, and fibromyalgia, have been shown to be improved by testosterone pellets because they help patients achieve hormonal balance.
What are Pellets?
Testosterone pellets are implants that are fused and shaped into small solid cylinders. Smaller than a tic-tac, most pellets are made by compounding pharmacists and delivered in sterile glass vials.
Multiple studies have shown that natural testosterone therapy can treat symptoms of aging in men and women with better safety and effectiveness than artificial hormone therapy. Once placed under the skin, these implants release small doses of testosterone, allowing it to provide natural testosterone therapy without the side effects of artificial hormones.
Testosterone pellets happen to be some of the safest and most convenient ways to deliver natural hormone therapy. It’s also quickly becoming one of the most reliable ways to treat low testosterone levels, which can have drastic consequences for men and women’s mental and physical health; in fact, natural testosterone therapy has been shown to be helpful for preventing chronic illnesses like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Studies have shown that patients who have tried other types hormone therapy to no avail have high success rates with testosterone pellets. Patients have also noted an improvement in strength, coordination, skin tone, and hair texture.
When natural testosterone therapy is administering using testosterone pellets, the treatment delivers consistent levels of testosterone, which avoids the fluctuations seen with other methods of artificial hormone therapy. Our natural testosterone therapy can help establish healthy hormone levels that last 3-4 months for women, and 4-6 months with men. Testosterone pellets have also been shown to increase lean body mass (muscle strength, bone density) and decrease fat mass.
To learn more about Testosterone Pellets, make sure to download our article on Frequently Asked Questions on Hormone Implants
The Process for Natural Testosterone Therapy:
- Your initial consultation with Renew MediSpa will consist of a review of your symptoms, desired outcome, and health history. There is a $75 fee associated with your consultation that may later be applied toward your procedure. Lab work will be ordered and applied to your medical insurance.
- Vuich will review your lab work with Nurse Practitioner, Anita Ash, in concert with their compounding pharmacist. Your dosage will be calculated and your personal pellet implant will be tailored just for you.
- We will then schedule an appointment your testosterone pellet insertion. On the day of your appointment, local anesthetic will be administered to the treatment area. Your testosterone pellet will then be inserted through a tiny 3mm incision in the upper buttock or flank area. We will then apply a bandage over the incision. The procedure is incredibly brief, and it will feel relatively painless.
- Your dressing will be removed three days later. Within two weeks you should notice improvement an improvement in your health and wellness that will last 3-5 months for women, and up to six months with men.
- Renew MediSpa will then measure your response to the natural testosterone therapy through additional lab work. After that, you will be prescribed a regular treatment regimen.
Note: We are not able to bill your insurance. Upon request, we are happy to provide documentation of your procedure if you wish to pursue possible reimbursement through programs like a Flex Spending account or Health Savings account.
Why Renew Medispa of Derry?
Dr. Vuich is a graduate of Tufts University. She attended Tufts University School of Medicine and graduated in 1992. She completed her Internal Medicine Internship and Residency at St. Vincent Hospital (University of Massachusetts affiliate) and was honored as Chief Medical Resident.
She is board certified by the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine and is a member of the American Cosmetic Cellular Medicine Association (ACCMA), the American Med Aesthetic Association, the American Association of Anti-Aging Medicine, the InjectAbility® Institute, and Studio PRP – the only group of medical experts in the country collaborating as a network to use the same cutting-edge technology, and highest standard of protocols for procedures using Platelet Rich Plasma.
She is supported by a caring, professional staff, many who have been with her for several years. They strive for your complete satisfaction and desired outcome. You will not find yourself in better hands in Derry, or its surrounding area. Read more